If you are looking for a business that would make you 1 million Naira profit in 4 months, then you should consider the setting up a bed sheet business in Nigeria. Among all the business I am very sure about to tell someone who is ready to make money about, it would be the same bedsheet business. It is in the same category like the Dry cleaning business in terms of profit making.
Bedsheet business is known by a minority of Nigerians to be a very lucrative business. Not everyone knows that bed sheet business in Nigeria is making waves slightly. This is the kind of business that when you start up, your neighbours and your close friends would be the first set of people to patronize you. Bed sheet business in Nigeria is very profitable in that you can sell a bed sheet and make a gain of N2000 just from one sale.
Is The Bed Sheet Business in Nigeria Profitable?
This question is something that doesn’t even need an answer. An average house in Nigeria has more than 10 bedsheets, and they keep buying more and more. The truth is that most people buy from people they know, and you can be one of them.
The interesting and inspiring factor is that when you sell about 10 to 20-bed sheets in a week. You would be making a profit of about N20k to N40k even more depending on how many bed sheets were sold. Some people who want to start bed sheet business in Nigeria go as far as importing the bed sheets from foreign countries to sell. But I will tell you with all certainty that you would make a loss if you import. I see no reason why you should import bed sheets from foreign countries when it is possible to make one here. Get a working sewing machine or employ a good tailor, and other necessary requirements and you are good to go.
If you check out some e-commerce web pages like Jumia and Konga, the price range slated for a bed sheet is about N4500 to N9000. The profit from each bed sheet sold on e-commerce sites is slightly higher than those that sell for themselves.
REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD START A BED SHEET BUSINESS IN NIGERIA
- Bed sheet business is very easy to start up.
- It is comfortable and convenient to manage.
- The startup capital is low and thereby making it affordable for people to start.
- Bed sheet business can be run on a part-time basis. You can even start the business and employ somebody to manage the place.
- It is very possible that the bed sheet business can generate about a million or 2 every year.
Before you start bed sheet business in Nigeria, consider these facts laid down below:
- All homes make use of bed sheets
- Not every bed sheet outlet sell quality made bed sheet.
- Hotels, schools, hospitals require bed sheets.
Also before you start up the business, you must be able to:
- Have the knowledge and understanding of the best quality fabric that majority of people like.
- Know where they sell quality fabric for making bed sheets.
- Have a good marketing skill to be able to sell your already made bed sheets.
STEPS TO START BED SHEET BUSINESS IN NIGERIA
Actually, there are 3 amazing ways you can start bed sheet business in Nigeria. You have to make a decision on how you are going to start the business. You can start by:
- Selling bed sheets that are made already.
- Selling bed sheet fabrics to people or getting a tailor to sew the fabrics into the bed sheet.
- Reselling of bought bed sheets and bed sheet fabrics.
Let us explain the startup points one by one below:
- If you must start the business using the first point, you must employ a supplier. Your supplier will do the work of buying the bed sheets, re-sewing the bed sheet and packaging them in a new format. You are only required to sell them to people and make your profit. This particular method is easier, and convenient for those who want to do the business part-time. This method again makes you: Not to bother in your search for tailors, not to waste time packaging the bed sheets.
- This second point is a lot cheaper than the other method but the downward factor is that it is very stressful. You are required to seek for good quality fabrics, sew them(or get a tailor), package them yourself and give it a name before you sell them. It is, however, important to note that packaging and labelling your bed sheet before selling them is very vital. This method requires you to:
- Have a tailor you can bank on. You can also decide to sew it yourself for extra profit.
- Buy a bed sheet packaging nylon on standby
- Quality fabrics to be used.
- Have a good labelling name.
- Have a good understanding of the bed sheet business in Nigeria
If the aforementioned points mentioned can be fulfilled, then you are good to go in ma aking huge profit.
- The third method is very much expensive to start. It involves the selling of bed sheets and bed sheet fabrics to people. It is advisable to get a shop where you would be displaying the bed sheet and the fabric to prospective buyers. You are to buy the bed sheet and the fabric in large quantities and sell. Buying in small quantities would demand from you extra money to be wasted and its time consuming.
RESOURCES NEEDED TO START BED SHEET BUSINESS
- A reputable tailor to sew good bed sheet.
- A good place where you can purchase quality bed sheet or fabric at affordable prices.
- Enough capital, not necessarily much capital.
- A shop or warehouse to store fabrics or bed sheets.
- Good labelling of the bed sheets.
WHAT AMOUNT OF CAPITAL IS NEEDED TO START A BED SHEET BUSINESS IN NIGERIA
The amount of capital needed to start a bed sheet business in Nigeria all depends on your mode of operation. It is easy and cheap to operate from the comfort of your home. But it is a lot difficult and expensive when you decide to rent a shop and start the business. If you have enough money, it is advisable to rent a shop.
Read Also: How to Raise Capital to Start a Business
Reason being that people will see your business more than when you start it in your home. The amount needed to start the business can be as low as N40,000- N60,000 and I can guarantee you it would make a good profit for you.
How to advertise bedsheets to Generate Profit
I will conclude with the marketing strategy you are expected to have in order to flourish in the bed sheet business. There are several ways to advertise bedsheets to generate maximum profit, and I will explain the following ways.
This is one of the best places to advertise bedsheet business. Instagram has a very high engagement rate for businesses that require visuals. So if you can get quality picture samples of your bedsheets, you can make so much money by using Instagram. While delivering to your customers, you can ask them to make a video of their beds after spreading the bedsheet you sold to them.
After that, you can then share it on your Instagram page and ask your followers to like and share the video. The more likes and engagements you have, the more visibility your page will have.
One of the best ways to advertise bedsheet once you start a bed sheet business in Nigeria is to use Facebook Ads. The good thing about starting a bedsheet business is that you need to just post pictures and show people the beauty.
The Before and After picture of your customer’s bed can actually help convince people that your bedsheets are beautiful.
If you are not on Nairaland, then you are missing. This is a forum that has over 2million members visiting the site. All you need to do is the following;
- Open a thread to advertise your bedsheets
- Post beautiful pictures
- Create testimonials from clients
- Then take the link of the thread and paste it on your profile handle.
That way, whenever you post anything on any thread, people will see your business signature and click on the link. Once they click, they will be redirected to the page where you advertise your business.
You can also create flyers or handbills and distribute to the public e.g schools, hospitals, homes telling them that you sell good and quality bed sheets. It can also serve as a way to advertise bedsheet to make money. You can also market your bed sheet business via social media pages e.g Twitter, Facebook.
Overall, if you must succeed in bed sheet business in Nigeria, you must be able to get good quality fabric materials that will not fade with time. This would enable you to get more customers that will continue to patronize you every time.